Layer2 Cloud Connector
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and ISV based in Hamburg (Germany), Layer2 is one of the leading providers of Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure apps in Europe with a major focus on Data Integration, Collaborative Knowledge Management and Social Networking. Layer2 has also been known as a reliable partner to customers in Central Europe, offering additional consulting and services in the fields of SharePoint, .NET programming and IT infrastructure for more than 25 years.
Features & Benefits
The Layer2 Cloud Connector connects your line-of-business data to Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365, Dynamics CRM/ERP, Exchange, SQL databases and almost any other systems:
- No programming or tools required: Just select a data provider, enter connection string and data query. No installation or customizing at SharePoint or the external data sources required.
- 100% compatible to ALL SharePoint 2010/2013 offerings: On premise, externally hosted, Office 365, OneDrive for Business, or sandboxed.
- Reliable architecture: A connection is established only for data exchange – not for user interaction. External data is cached in native SharePoint lists.
- Secure data connection and transfer: The connector runs where your data resides today – on any server or client inside your corporate network with Internet connectivity available, or in the cloud. No data is exposed to any 3rd party.
- Dynamic Columns: Optionally add calculations, transformations, translations, and business logic to your connections using C#.
- Almost any data source supported: ODBC, OLEDB, OData, .NET-based providers, file content (Excel, XML, CSV), File System Replication, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, IBM Informix, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics NAV/CRM, Exchange, Active Directory, Navision, Lotus Notes, SAP, Web Services etc.
- Data providers for SharePoint, OData, File System, XML/RSS, Exchange, SOAP included. Vendor specific or 3rd party ADO .NET data providers supported.
- Start workflows or send email notifications in the cloud on external data change.
- Sync your local or server file shares to SharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive4B without any restrictions.
- Connect all supported systems directly with each other, without using SharePoint or Office 365.
“Layer2 provides a stable and reliable platform to synchronise data from various business applications to Office 365. Thanks to consistent data it’s possible to build electronic forms with workflows within SharePoint Online to solve and realign different internal process issues.”
Benny Depuydt, Business consultant
@ IT-Care nv